What are the age requirements for the admission to Armath?
In order to become an Armath coach is it necessary to have a university degree?
What is the difference between Armat and formal education?
Armat is an informal engineering training model. The laboratory rooms are equipped according to the principle of a flipped classroom.
Does Armat include in-depth study of any programming language?
In Armat laboratories, the emphasis is on comprehensive engineering education to prepare the future generation of engineers. Children also learn in-depth embedded programming of "microcontrol" and tiles in python and C / C++, robot control by the Serob python library, design, programming, and manufacturing of smart devices.
Do the students of the labs need a good knowledge of physics and mathematics?
To attend the labs, children do not pass any tests in physics or mathematics, but they are encouraged to improve their knowledge. The coaches often conduct additional lessons in the labs to improve the students ' knowledge of mathematics and physics.
In addition to the educational process itself, are there other programs?
In addition to the educational process itself, UATE organizes motivating events, such as contests, camps, expos. The details can be found in the section of the Event at the following link: https://armath.am/hy/events.
What are the important outcomes that Armath seeks to achieve?
- - Stimulation of technological education in Armenia
- - Regional development since the program involves the whole territory of the country
- - Development of entrepreneurial culture
- - Boost of economic activity in the high-tech and related spheres
- - Creation and strengthening of the bond between the school system, labor market, and the universities
- - Improvements in the demographic situation of borderline communities of Armenia
- - Establishment of a connection between technology companies and the education system
- - A new generation of leaders and entrepreneurs
What are the strategic plans of laboratories?
In what format do the laboratories work?
Are there any prerequisites for studying at Armath Engineering Laboratories?
What other knowledge is delivered at the Armath laboratory?
- ․ Teamwork
- ․ Time management
- ․ Critical thinking and problem solving
- ․ Negotiation skills
- ․ Communication skills
- ․ Creative thinking
- ․ Analytical thinking
Could the child join the Armath laboratory if he/she is not a student of that specific school?
The children are free to attend any "Armath" Engineering Laboratory regardless of the school at which they are studying.
What children learn at the Armath Engineering Laboratory?
- - "GNU Linux " / Ubuntu, Debian / ArmathPi secure operating systems with open sources,
- - 3D modeling with OpenSCAD, FreeCAD and Blender programs,
- - The printing of items and details such as PLA/ABS with RepRap type Bzez/Sard 3D training type printers,
- - The use of a drilling and laser CNC machine of digital control. Preparing vector images using Inkscape, preparing G-code using HeekSCAD, FreeCAD Path programs, cutting of wood or organic glass according to with bCNC / LinuxCNC programs ("milling"), laser marking.
- - Collection and control of the training robot "Serob". Robot control in the Snap and Python programming languages. Arduino and RPi tiles programming, using printers and sensitizers:
- - Application of mathematical algorithms in the visual programming language Agues/Scratch, use of the laws of physics, creation of questionnaires of school subjects, animation, and game.
- - The ability to encode in the Armenian language Kria/Kturtle, solving complex mathematical problems, and creating graphic HTML/SVG images.
Where are the Armath Engineering Laboratories located?
Find the list of the laboratories here.
See the map of the "Armath" laboratories here.
Does Armath conduct training for coaches?
What are the goals of engineering laboratories?
The goals of engineering laboratories are- to strengthen the base of technical education in Armenia,
- to promote professional orienting of schoolchildren,
- to prepare a professional workforce with a technical educational background that will meet the growing demand.